Course MS-301T02: Implementing SharePoint 2019 Service Applicationsnanforiberica
SharePoint Server 2019 is designed to meet the demands of modern workstyles. It provides the new modern experiences for users, that are both intuitive and familiar in SharePoint Online. In this course you will learn how to plan, configure, and manage service applications in SharePoint 2019, such as Managed Metadata, Business Connectivity Services, and enterprise search.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who deploy and manage the teamwork infrastructure in their organization.
This is the second in a series of four courses for the Teamwork administrator. These courses help prepare for the exam MS-301: Deploying SharePoint Server Hybrid.
Module 1: SharePoint Service Applications
This module is all about SharePoint service applications and workflow. It describes how to provision and manage a BCS service application and User Profile service application. Specifically, we discuss how to import and export BDC models as well as how to import user properties to SharePoint.
- SharePoint Service Applications and workflow
- Plan and Configure Business Connectivity Services (BCS) and Secure Store
- Plan and Configure User Profiles
- Explain the key components of a BDC model.
- Describe the high-level architecture of BCS.
- Provision a BDC Service Application instance.
- Configure the Secure Store Service application.
- Explain the purpose of the Secure Store Service.
- Manage permissions for a BDC Service Application instance.
- Describe how to configure user profile properties.
- Describe how to manage audiences in SharePoint 2019.
- Describe how to configure My Sites in SharePoint 2019.
- Describe how to configure the User Profile Service Application.
- Describe how to plan SharePoint Active Directory import and synchronization.
Module 2: Plan and configure Managed Metadata
This module is about the integral functionalities, such as the Managed Metadata Service, content types, and term sets, that allow you to create and disseminate an information architecture. It introduces the purpose of content types as well as the concepts behind the managed metadata service, including taxonomies, term sets, and enterprise keywords.
- Manage Content Types
- Managed Metadata
- Configure the Managed Metadata Service
- Explain the function and use of content types.
- Describe the functions of the Managed Metadata Service.
- Explain how to create and publish a content type across site collections.
- Identify the capabilities of the managed metadata service.
- Create and manage term groups, term sets, and terms
- Configure term sets and terms for managed navigation.
Module 3: Plan and Configure Search
This module is about enterprose search service application. It provides details on planning and configuring content sources, crawl schedules, and crawl rules. It also discusses how to provision search management of a range of search components, such as Query Rules, Result Types and Display Templates.
- Plan enterprise search
- Configure enterprise search
- Manage enterprise search
- Describe the function of search components.
- Explain how to plan and configure a search topology.
- Describe how to plan and configure content sources.
- Describe how to plan and configure crawl schedules.
- Describe how to plan and configure crawl rules.
- Describe how to manage the search schema.
- Describe how to configure search center.
- Explain the use and deployment of query rules.
- Explain the use and deployment of result source.
Module 4: Course Conclusion
Lab : Configuring Enterprise Search