Course MD-100T04: Maintaining Windows 10nanforiberica
In this course, students will learn how to manage and troubleshoot Windows 10. This course will deep-dive into the architecture and tools used for managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting the OS, Apps, and hardware. Students will learn about proactive and troubleshooting methodology, and how to identify and mitigate common issues.
This course was designed for individuals working in an IT Support role.
This is the fourth in a series of four courses for Windows 10. These courses help learners prepare for the Windows 10 exam (MD-100).
Module 1: Supporting the Windows 10 Environment
This module will cover the Windows 10 architecture and common environments. Students will be introduced to the various tools used in maintaining Windows. This module will also discuss methodologies for effectively troubleshooting issues and how to proactively manage and optimize Windows 10.
- Troubleshooting Windows
- Troubleshooting Tools
Lab : Practice Lab: Monitoring Windows 10
- Monitoring Events
- Monitoring Reliability and Performance
- Describe the Windows architecture.
- Describe key stages in troubleshooting.
- Describe the purpose and benefits of the various tools in Windows.
- Use monitoring tools to establish a performance baseline.
- Optimize performance on Windows 10 clients.
Module 2: Troubleshooting the Windows OS
In this module, Students will learn how to troubleshoot startup and service issues related to the operating system. This module will teach the different startup and recovery options, and how to troubleshoot different Windows services.
- Troubleshooting Windows Startup
- Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
- Troubleshooting Sign-In Issues
- Describe the various methods identifying and recovering from startup issues.
- Describe when to use the various advanced startup options.
- Identify and disable a failed service
- Identify and mitigate common locked account scenarios.
Module 3: Troubleshooting Files & Applications
This module helps students plan for file backup and recovery. Students will learn how to plan and configure data protection strategies and how to perform various file and system recovery methods. This module also includes common methods for troubleshooting application installation issues, compatibility issues, and resolving browser issues.
- File Recovery in Windows 10
- Application Troubleshooting
Lab : Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Troubleshooting AppLocker Policy Applications
- Troubleshooting Application Compatibility Issues
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Internet Explorer Issues
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Edge Issues
- Describe the different methods of file recovery.
- Configure Windows 10 to support individual file and system recovery.
- Recover a device using the Reset This PC function.
- Solve application compatibility issues with the Application Compatibility Toolkit.
- Troubleshoot common browser issues.
Module 4: Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
This module introduces hardware troubleshooting. Students will learn about driver management and how to troubleshoot devices. Students will also learn steps for troubleshooting system hardware and external peripherals such as USB drives and printers, including diagnostic methods and remediation.
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
Lab : Troubleshooting Device Driver Issues
- Troubleshooting a Missing Device Driver
- Resolving Hardware Problems
- Resolving device driver problem
- Configuring Group Policy Settings to Control Device Installation
- Troubleshoot and remediate driver issues.
- Troubleshoot Peripherals
- Diagnose and replace hardware.
Module 5: Course Conclusion
- Final Exam
Lab : Graded Lab