Course MS-200T03: Managing Messaging High Availability and Disaster Recoverynanforiberica
In this course you’ll learn about the traditional and modern solutions for messaging high availability and disaster recovery. Messaging systems have become increasingly complex, given the abundance of new features that have been added the last few years, as well as the increased importance placed on availability and disaster recovery. The traditional approaches for high availability and disaster recovery are still present and exist primarily on the hardware layer, such as RAID systems for storage, block device replication, and archiving solutions using external storage.
While Microsoft Exchange supports these traditional approaches, it also offers solutions that modernize high availability and disaster recovery by providing solutions directly integrated into the messaging systems. This includes such things as continuous replication and retention solutions that are built directly inside the message databases. This saves administrators a lot of time and effort maintaining different layers of foreign solutions on hardware and software.
In this course, you’ll be introduced to each solution, you’ll learn when to use the one or the other, you’ll learn how to plan a deployment, and how to perform the actual implementation.
This is the third in a series of five courses for the Microsoft 365 Messaging Administrator. This course helps learners prepare for the Microsoft 365 Certified: Planning and Configuring a Messaging Platform exam (MS-200).
Module 1: High Availability for Exchange Servers
- Planning High Availability for Mailbox Servers
- High Availability for Client Access Service
- High Availability for Transport
- Implementing Site Resilience
Module 2: Managing Disaster Recovery
- Planning for Disaster Recovery
- Implementing Backup Strategies
- Restoring Mailboxes, Databases, and Servers
Module 3: Managing Public Folders
- Planning the Public Folder Hierarchy
- Implementing and Managing Public Folders
- Troubleshooting Public Folders
Module 4: Lab - Public Folder Management and Disaster Recovery
Lab : Public Folder Management and Disaster Recovery
- Exercise 2: Troubleshooting Mail Flow and Connectivity Issues
- Exercise 2: Disaster recovery using eDiscovery and In-place Holds