Acerca de este curso
Perfil del usuario objetivo
- 1 month experience creating Windows client applications
- 1 month of experience using Visual Studio 2010 or 2012
Al finalizar el curso
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
Detalles Del Curso
Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
This module provides an overview of HTML and CSS, and describes how to use Visual Studio 2012 to build a Web application.
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
Lab : Exploring the Contoso Conference Application
- Walkthrough of the Contoso Conference Application
- Examining and Modifying the Contoso Conference Application
- Describe basic HTML elements and attributes.
- Explain the structure of CSS.
- Describe the tools available in Visual Studio 2012 for building Web applications.
Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
This module describes the new features of HTML5, and explains how to create and style HTML5 pages.
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
Lab : Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
- Creating HTML5 Pages
- Styling HTML5 Pages
- Create static pages using the new features available in HTML5.
- Use CSS3 to apply basic styling to the elements in an HTML5 page.
- Introduction to jQuery
- Displaying Data Programmatically
- Handling Events
Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
- Overview of Forms and Input Types
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
Lab : Creating a Form and Validating User Input
- Creating a Form and Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
- Create forms that use the new HTML5 input types.
- Validate user input and provide feedback by using the new HTML5 attributes.
Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Data Source
This module describes how to send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using an XMLHTTPRequest object and by performing jQuery AJAX operations.
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
Lab : Communicating with a Remote Data Source
- Retrieving Data
- Serializing and Transmitting Data
- Refactoring the Code by Using jQuery ajax method
- Serialize, deserialize, send, and receive data by using XMLHTTPRequest objects.
- Simplify code that serializes, deserializes, sends, and receives data by using the jQuery ajax method
Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
This module describes how to style HTML5 pages and elements by using the new features available in CSS3.
- Styling Text
- Styling Block Elements
- CSS3 Selectors
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
Lab : Styling Text and Block Elements using CSS3
- Styling the Navigation Bar
- Styling the Page Header
- Styling the About Page
- Style text elements on an HTML5 page by using CSS3.
- Apply styling to block elements by using CSS3.
- Use CSS3 selectors to specify the elements to be styled in a Web application.
- Implement graphical effects and transformations by using the new CSS3 properties.
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
Lab : Refining Code for Maintainability and Extensibility
- Inheriting From Objects
- Refactoring Code to Use Objects
- Describe how to extend custom and native objects to add functionality.
Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
This module describes how to use some common HTML5 APIs to add interactive features to a Web application. This module also explains how to debug and profile a Web application.
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
Lab : Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
- Incorporating Video
- Incorporating Images
- Using the Geolocation API
- Use the Drag and Drop, and the File APIs to interact with files in a Web application.
- Incorporate audio and video into a Web application.
- Detect the location of the user running a Web application by using the Geolocation API.
- Explain how to debug and profile a Web application by using the Web Timing API and the Internet Explorer Developer Tools.
Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
This module describes how to add offline support to a Web application, to enable the application to continue functioning in a user's browser even if the browser is disconnected from the network.
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
Lab : Adding Offline Support to a Web Application
- Implementing the Application Cache
- Implementing Local Storage
- Save and retrieve data locally on the user's computer by using the Local Storage API.
- Provide offline support for a Web application by using the Application Cache API.
Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
This module describes how to create HTML5 pages that can dynamically detect and adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
Lab : Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Creating a Print-Friendly Stylesheet
- Adapting Page Layout To Fit a Different Form Factor
- Describe the need to detect device capabilities and react to different form factors in a Web application.
- Create a Web page that can dynamically adapt its layout to match different form factors.
Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
This module describes how to create advanced graphics for an HTML5 Web application by using a Canvas element, and by using Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
- Creating an Interactive Venue Map by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Creating a Speaker Badge by Using a Canvas Element
- Use Scalable Vector Graphics to add interactive graphics to an application.
Module 12: Animating the User Interface
This module describes how to enhance the user experience in an HTML5 Web application by adding animations.
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
Lab : Animating User Interface Elements
- Applying Transitions to User Interface Elements
- Applying Key-Frame Animations
- Describe the different types of 2D and 3D transitions available with CSS3
Module 13: Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
This module explains how to use Web Sockets to transmit and receive data between an HTML5 Web application and a server.
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
Lab : Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
- Receiving Data from Web Socket
- Sending Data to a Web Socket
- Sending Multiple Types of Messages To or From a Web Socket
- Explain how Web Sockets work and describe how to send and receive data through a Web Socket.
Module 14: Creating a Web Worker Process
This module describes how to use Web Worker Processes to perform long-running operations asynchronously and improve the responsiveness of an HTML5 Web application.
- Introduction to Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker
Lab : Creating a Web Worker Process
- Improving Responsiveness by Using a Web Worker
- Describe the purpose of a Web Worker process, and how it can be used to perform asynchronous processing as well as provide isolation for sensitive operations.