Course MD-100T03: Protecting Windows 10nanforiberica
In this course, students will learn how to secure the Windows 10 OS and protect the data on the device. Students will be introduced to common methods used for authentication and access control. This course will teach how to configure file and folder permissions and creating security policies. Students will also be introduced to the different types of external threats and how to leverage features like encryption and firewalls, as well as tools like Windows Defender.
This course was designed for individuals working in an IT Support role.
This is the third in a series of four courses for Windows 10. These courses help learners prepare for the Windows 10 exam (MD-100).
Module 1: Configuring Authorization & Authentication
This module introduces the tools and features of Windows 10 for authorizing access to Windows 10 clients. Students will learn about methods for how users sign-in to Windows 10. This module also covers restricting what users can or cannot do on a device through methods like UAC and account types.
- Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
- Describe the different methods for securing data and the Windows 10 OS.
- Describe the different types of user and service accounts.
- Configure Windows Hello.
- Configure user account control.
Module 2: Configuring Data Access and Usage
In this module, Students will learn about permissions. This module will cover considerations for different files systems. Students will learn how to configure file and folder permissions as well as shared folders. The module will conclude with configuring settings through methods such as local and group policy.
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Managing Security with Policies
Lab : Configuring and Managing Permissions and Shares
- Creating, Managing, and Sharing a Folder
- Using Conditions to Control Access and Effective Permissions
- Describe the differences and benefits of supported file systems.
- Configure file and folder permissions.
- Configure shared folders.
- Secure Windows through local policy settings.
Module 3: Configuring Advanced Management Tools
This module introduces students to protecting devices from external threats. Students will learn about the different types of common threats. This module will teach students about using encryption, firewalls, and IPSec to help protect against threats. The module will conclude with how to configure and use Windows Defender and AppLocker.
- Configuring Tenant Roles
- Managing Tenant Health and Services
Lab : Practice Lab: Managing Network Security
- Creating and Testing Inbound Rules
- Creating and Testing Outbound Rules
- Creating and Testing Connection Security Rules
- Configuring Windows Defender
- Identify common security threats
- Describe the methods by which you can mitigate these common security threats.
- Describe the different methods of encryption.
- Describe how Windows firewall can secure the device.
- Describe the benefits of using IPSec.
- Describe the different features of Windows Defender.
- Describe the benefits of using AppLocker.
Module 4: Hands-On Lab
- Final Exam
Lab : Graded Lab