The new Teams offering, designed specifically for small businesses, delivers professional, secure meetings, chat, and collaboration at the most affordable price on the market.
Microsoft has announced Teams Essentials , a solution designed to improve collaboration, communication and productivity for small businesses. Affordable and complete, from 3.40 euros per month (without VAT) per user, it offers a simple interface and features that will help them adapt to a new hybrid work environment: an intuitive application with unlimited video conferencing of up to 300 users, 10 GB cloud storage per person, group chat and calendar.
Additionally, Microsoft Teams Essentials works in the cloud Azure , which implies maximum guarantees in terms of security, reliability, performance and support. Additionally, it has various privacy policies and controls so small businesses can communicate and collaborate securely.
Teams is used by 138 organizations with more than 100,000 users, and more than 3,000 organizations with more than 10,000 users worldwide. With the arrival of Teams Essentials, small organizations have at their disposal the collaboration tools necessary to coordinate their activity, like large multinationals, with a simple deployment and an extremely affordable cost.
“These last 20 months have been especially difficult for small businesses. “They have needed great flexibility to adapt to this change, often without having the appropriate tools or technology,” explains Jared Spataro, corporate vice president of Microsoft 365. “Teams Essentials is designed specifically to meet the needs of small businesses, making it easier for them to grow in this new era of work.”
Features designed to facilitate collaboration
Team Essentials introduces new capabilities and options that minimize employee communication startup time, reducing costs, increasing agility, and delivering the best experience. These are its most notable features:
- Extended meetings: Small businesses will have the ability to make longer calls, practically as long as they need with a limit of 30 hours, both for 1:1 meetings and group sessions.
- More attendees per meeting: With the ability to host up to 300 people simultaneously, Teams Essentials offers the ability to bring all attendees together in the same virtual room.
- Integrated calendars: Microsoft Teams offers the ability to integrate both Outlook and Google calendars, so small businesses can use their preferred platform to organize their schedule and meetings.
- Group Chat Template: Small businesses will be able to quickly start a workgroup and organize meetings with any of the employees, assign tasks to the team and create surveys to quickly receive feedback, all in one application.
- Additional cloud storage: Any worker can view, edit and save Office 365 files. Teams Essentials offers a total storage space of 10 GB, a capacity much higher than that offered by Teams in its free version.
- Continuous chat: All conversations in Microsoft Teams are always available and are not deleted when the meeting ends, making it easy to maintain the context and information of any professional call.
- Simpler invitations: Teams Essentials allows you to send the meeting link via email. Users who do not have the application will be able to access it directly from their browser: there is no need to register, log in or install software.
- More professional meetings: Tools like subtitles, live reactions, and virtual backgrounds can personalize any meeting. Likewise, the chat allows quick access to all shared content: it is organized by categories such as locations, photos, files, to-do lists, upcoming events and web links, among others.
According to figures from LinkedIn, job offers offered by SMEs increased by 81.9% compared to November 1, 2020. Small businesses need to provide flexibility to be able to meet this increase where technology is key to improving connections, collaboration and productivity within this new work model. Therefore, Teams Essentials provides these businesses with an affordable way to work, collaborate and grow.