AZ-120: Planning and Administering Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloadsnanforiberica
This course teaches IT professionals with experience in SAP solutions how to take advantage of Azure resources including the deployment and configuration of virtual machines, virtual networks, storage accounts, and Azure AD including the implementation and management of hybrid identities . Students in this course will learn through concepts, scenarios, procedures, and hands-on labs how to better plan and implement the migration and operation of an SAP solution on Azure. You will receive instructions on subscriptions, create and scale virtual machines, implement storage solutions, configure virtual networks, back up and share data, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement Azure Active Directory, protect identities and will supervise the solution.
This course is intended for Azure administrators migrating and managing SAP solutions on Azure. Azure administrators manage cloud services spanning storage, networking, and cloud computing functions, with deep understanding of each service throughout the IT lifecycle. They take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on which services to use for optimal performance and scale, and provision, scale, monitor, and tune as appropriate. This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors. Azure administrators use the Azure portal, and as they become more proficient, use PowerShell and the command line interface.
Items in this collection
- Analysis of Azure workloads for SAP (6 Units)
- Discover common terms and meanings for SAP on Azure (6 Units)
- Identification of configurations with SAP certification (9 Units)
- SAP NetWeaver with AnyDB on Azure Virtual Machines exam (6 Units)
- SAP S/4HANA on Azure Virtual Machines exam (6 Units)
- Azure exploration for SAP process (12 Units)
- Azure for SAP Networks (21 Units)
- Azure Storage Exploration for SAP (21 Units)
- Exploration of Azure databases for SAP (14 Units)
- Analysis of identity services for SAP in Azure (15 Units)
- Remote Administration Exploration for SAP on Azure (8 Units)
- Governance and manageability analysis for SAP on Azure (12 Units)
- SAP Single Instance Implementations in Azure (2 and 3 Tiers) (10 Units)
- High availability implementation in SAP NetWeaver with AnyDB in Azure virtual machines (13 Units)
- High availability implementation for SAP workloads on Azure (21 Units)
- Implementation of disaster recovery for SAP workloads on Azure (11 Units)
- Backup and restore of SAP workloads in Azure (16 Units)
- Using the Azure SAP Workload Planning and Implementation Checklist (10 Units)
- Analysis of migration options for SAP in Azure (10 Units)
- Migration of large databases (VLDB) to Azure for SAP (11 Units)
- Explore Azure Monitoring Requirements for SAP Workloads (11 Units)
- Configuring the Azure Enhanced Monitoring Extension for SAP (5 Units)
- Analysis of licenses, prices and technical support of SAP virtual machines in Azure (5 Units)
- Identifying Certified Offers for SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) (11 Units)
- Sample Architecture Explore SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) (6 Units)
- Planning SAP HANA Deployments on Azure (Large Instances) (10 Units)
- Planning for High Availability and Disaster Recovery for SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) (9 Units)
- Backup Security Licensing Review and Compatibility Considerations for SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) (10 Units)
- Implementation of SAP HANA in Azure (large instances) (8 Units)ç
- SAP HANA Administration on Azure (Large Instances) (9 Units)
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) (8 Units)
- Implementation of business continuity, disaster recovery and backup of SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) (7 Units)
Module 1: Explore Azure for SAP workloads
Contains lessons covering Azure on SAP workloads, common SAP and Azure terms and definitions, SAP certified configurations, and architectures for SAP NetWeaver with AnyDB and SAP S4 HANA on Azure VMs.
Module 2: Exploring the foundation of infrastructure as a service (IaaS) for SAP on Azure
Contains lessons on Azure compute, Azure storage, Azure networking, and Azure databases.
Lab : Implementing Linux Clustering for SAP on Azure VMs
Lab : Implementing Windows Clustering for SAP on Azure VMs
Module 3: Fundamentals of Identity and Governance for SAP on Azure
Contains lessons on identity services, Azure remote management and manageability, and governance in Azure.
Module 4: Implementation of SAP on Azure
Contains lessons on implementing single instance (2-tier and 3-tier) deployments and implementing high availability in SAP NetWeaver with AnyDB on Azure VMs.
Lab : Implementing SAP architecture on Azure VMs running Windows
Lab : Implementing SAP architecture on Azure VMs running Linux
Module 5: Ensuring Business Continuity and Implementing Disaster Recovery for SAP Solutions on Azure
Contains lessons on implementing high availability for SAP workloads on Azure, disaster recovery for SAP workloads on Azure, and backup and restore.
Module 6: Migrating workloads from SAP to Azure
Contains lessons on using the SAP Workload Planning and Implementation Checklist, migration options, including the Database Migration Option (DMO) methodology and cloud migration options, and how to migrate large databases (VLDB) to Azure.
Module 7: Monitoring and troubleshooting Azure for SAP workloads
Contains lessons on Azure monitoring requirements for SAP workloads, configuring the Azure Enhanced Monitoring extension for SAP, and Azure virtual machine licensing, pricing, and support.
Module 8 - Exploring SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances)
Contains lessons on SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances), SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) certified offerings, SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) sample architecture, SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) planning considerations, high availability and disaster recovery planning for SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances), "backup, security, licensing, and support" considerations for SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances), deploying SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) Large Instances), managing SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances), monitoring and troubleshooting SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances), business continuity implementation, disaster recovery, and backup.
Before participating in this course, students must have the following:
Hands-on experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions such as virtual machines, virtual networks, load balancers, storage (blob, file, disk)
Knowledge of cloud and on-premises virtualization technologies, including virtual machines, virtual networks, and virtual hard drives
Knowledge of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), firewalls, and encryption technologies
Knowledge of Active Directory concepts
Experience with Linux/Unix environments
Solid knowledge of SAP applications, SAP HANA, S/4HANA, SAP NetWeaver, SAP BW, operating system servers for SAP databases and applications
Knowledge of SAP HANA implementation and configuration
Hands-on experience with SAP HANA administration
Prerequisite courses (or equivalent knowledge and practical experience):
- AZ-104 Azure Administrator
- Knowledge of SAP products such as SAP HANA or SAP NetWeaver